In serving young people from diverse communities with varying needs, HI4Y seeks qualified developing and established professionals in the fields of education, recreation, the arts, and service. All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to working with young people in camp or urban public school settings, depending on the program.
HI4Y is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability or perceived disability, creed, domestic violence victim status, conviction record, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, nationality, ancestry, domestic partnership or civil union status, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or AIDS and HIV status.
Activity Specialists are responsible for the planning and implementation of a discipline-or content-specific program activity such as Dance, Theatre, Sports/Recreation, Robotics, Arts, Fashion, STEM, etc. Activity Specialists work under the direction of the Assistant Site Director. Activity Specialists are required to participate in ongoing professional development and planning sessions, and attend School-Age Child Care trainings in compliance with and as required by HI4Y. We are looking for a highly motivated, organized, and supportive persons to work at government funded after-school program in the South Bronx. The Activity Specialist is a part-time position working up to 20 hours a week from Monday to Friday. Activity Specialist’s primary responsibility is to design and lead enrichment activities for students.
Desired Experience In
- Music (instruments, vocal).
- Sports & Recreation: Soccer, Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, and Zumba/ Aerobics etc. Dance.
- Leadership Development.
- Plan and innovate lessons for participant growth and enjoyment.
- Ensure children’s physical and emotional safety in accordance with program policies and procedures.
- Collaborate constructively with coworkers.
- Keep classroom and supplies organized and neat.
- Participate in all program training, meetings and events as required.
- Facilitate purposeful activities that foster the development of new skills in children, While reinforcing skills/information previously taught.
- Develop and implement curriculum that enhances the participant’s experience.
- Follow and enforce HI4Y policies and procedures, safety standards and rules at all times.
- Arrive on time and be prepared for all activities.
- Report all accidents, illnesses and incidents to the Site Director in a timely manor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist in all activities needed for the orderly operation of the program, inclusive of: supervising children during snack/supper, classrooms, transitions and facilitating dismissal.
- Demonstrate key competences including: initiative, teamwork, cooperation, preparedness, professionalism, reliability and flexibility.
- Record participant’s attendance at the beginning and end of each activity.
$15-$17 per hour